Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - No comments

False Advertising?



I was up in Istanbul this past week spending time with my Turkish family, and on the way up, I flew Turkish Airlines. Now, their prices are often the steepest as far as domestic tickets go, but on the plus side, you are always guaranteed food. And it's free. (A rarity these days.) I was pretty impressed that I got a sandwich, cake and coffee on a 9 AM flight. No little bags of peanuts here, folks.

However, when I looked closely at the cake, I had to laugh. The label described it as "Homemade Cherry Cake." Really? I can just picture little Ayse Teyze pulling a pan out of the oven in her tiny kitchen, wiping the sweat from her brow and yelling, "Fatma, get in here and help me! I have to get these to the airport in time for the red-eye to Frankfurt!"

0 comments: